VILLAGE OF BLACK CREEK RESOLUTION #2021-2
RESOLUTION AMENDING THE DECLARATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY
VILLAGE OF BLACK CREEK COVID-19 RESPONSE
WHEREAS, the infectious disease named COVID-19 has been identified in the State of Wisconsin as a disease which can spread through the community as a danger to public health and safety; and,
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization has declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, and the United States Department of Health and Human Services has declared a Public Health Emergency; and,
WHEREAS, the Village of Black Creek, Wisconsin has previously declared a Public Health Emergency, and the conditions leading to that declaration continue to exist; and,
WHEREAS, in order to protect the health and well-being of its residents, the Village of Black Creek must avail itself of all resources at its disposal to respond to and contain the presence of COVID-19 in the Village.
WHEREAS, the Village of Black Creek is focused on protecting the health, safety, welfare, and good order of the Black Creek community, including those members at highest risk; and
WHEREAS, the conditions created by these public health emergencies pose a continuing and substantial threat to public order, life, health and safety of the citizens of the Village of Black Creek; and
WHEREAS, the Village of Black Creek in cooperation with the local, state and federal governmental entities desires to take action to prevent exposure to and spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus; and
WHEREAS, because of such emergency conditions, the Board of Trustees met with promptness to address the issue immediately; and
WHEREAS, these emergency conditions require a proactive response to stop the spread of COVID-19, including providing support to implement federal, state, and county public health operations and recommendations.
NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to sections 323.11 and 323.14 (4) of the Wisconsin Statutes, the Village of Black Creek hereby declares a local State of Emergency for the Village of Black Creek automatically expiring on June 30, 2021 at 5:00 p.m., unless extended. During the State of Emergency, it is hereby ordered that the Village of Black Creek will make all of its resources available to adopt, implement, and support all actions and recommendations of Federal, State, and County public health agencies.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that:
1. The Emergency Management Director, Ryan Schomisch, shall act as the Emergency Management Director for the Village of Black Creek during the period of this emergency.
2. All meetings of the Board of Trustees, Committees, Boards, and/or Commissions may be conducted remotely, with access granted to the public to the full extent practicable.
3. All Village sponsored events will either be cancelled or rescheduled during the emergency.
4. Public access to Village facilities shall be limited. To the extent possible, all operations shall be made available on-line and/or available for external drop off to the Village Hall.
5. The Village shall take all further actions reasonable and necessary to prevent exposure to and/or spread of COVID-19, including complying with all local, state, and county laws, rules, and/or orders as they may issue.
Be it resolved that the Village Board of the Village of Black Creek declares a State of Emergency and invokes Emergency powers. As Chief Elected Official of the Village of Black Creek in testimony whereof I, Andrew Gleason, have hereunto set my hand and have caused the great seal of the Village of Black Creek to be affixed.
THIS AMENDED DECLARATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY is enacted this 12th day of April, 2021.
Andy Gleason, Village President
___________________________________ VOTE: Ayes _____ Noes _____ Barbara Schuh, Village Clerk-Treasurer