EVENING LIBRARY CLERK
The Black Creek Village Library is currently seeking a part-time Evening Library Clerk. The position is approximately 16-18 hours per week with a starting wage of $12.00.
The Evening Library Clerk is responsible for frontline customer service to patrons in a fast-paced library environment, including reference and circulation activities, while working to complete routine duties as assigned, including responsibly closing the library.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required
- Technologically proficient
- Customer service experience preferred
The position description and application are available on the Black Creek Village Library website https://blackcreeklibrary.org/ and the Village of Black Creek website https://villageofblackcreek.com/
Interested applicants should submit a resume and completed application no later than Sunday, May 22.
The Evening Library Clerk is responsible for frontline customer service to patrons in a fast-paced library environment, including reference and circulation activities, while working to complete tasks in the areas of cataloging, processing, repair, shelving, and various duties as assigned, including responsibly closing the library. He or she must be able to work independently while responding positively to team environments, have excellent problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with a diverse service population. Must be able to bend, stoop, and stand on one’s feet for multiple hours at a time. This position reports to the Library Director.
Library Clerk Responsibilities:
- Answer reference question in-person and via email or telephone
- Use the library’s ILS (Integrated Library System) to complete check-ins and check-outs along with other circulation activities
- Assist patrons with technology
- Reshelve materials
- Retrieve items from shelves for patrons
- Manage the general library email
- Handle daily monetary tasks
- Ensure library is in presentable condition for morning opening
- Prepare materials for courier
- Close the library nightly
- Staff and assist with events and programs as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- S. Diploma or equivalent required
- Technologically proficient
- Customer experience preferred
Black Creek Village Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PUBLIC WORKS OPERATOR
The Village of Black Creek is accepting applications for a Public Works Operator to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks with the Village’s Public Works, Water and Sewer. This is a full-time hourly position and will report to the Village’s Director of Public Works. The ideal candidate must be able to work alone or with little supervision, with rotational on-call and weekend duties. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain the following: Wisconsin driver license, Wisconsin Class B CDL, and necessary WI DNR water/wastewater operator certifications. This position has specific physical requirements and environmental exposures and is subject to a pre-employment drug screen. The Village of Black Creek provides a competitive benefit package.
Application and job description is available by contacting the Village Clerk at
920-984-3295 or [email protected] or on the website at www.villageofblackcreek.com
Submit an application and resume to Village of Black Creek, 301 N. Maple Street, Black Creek, WI 54106 by mail or email to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted thru Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 3 p.m.
PART-TIME DEPUTY CLERK
The Village of Black Creek is seeking candidates for a part-time Deputy Clerk. This position provides statutory support and assistance to the Clerk-Treasurer, and is primarily responsible for record keeping of the Utility. The candidate must have data entry computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Bookkeeping practices, Election and Municipal and/or Utility experience preferred. Candidates should be a self-starter, cool under pressure, maintain confidentiality, possess good organizational skills and be able to multi-task. Must work well with the public and have good communication skills. Starting salary is $16/hr. Approximately 20-25 hours per week. Essential Skills, Abilities, and Duties:
- Proficiency in operating: computers, printers, scanners, word processing, spreadsheets and other technology tools
- Monthly sewer and water utility billing for all customers
- Create and process work orders as needed for Public Works Department
- Election administration assistance
- Property tax collection and balancing
- Enter invoices for utility and library
- Receipt utility payments paid by cash, check and credit card
- Prepare Bank Deposits
- Prepare yearly utility budget
- Prepare reports and participate in yearly audit
- Licensing and Permits
- Assist with required reporting to the DNR and PSC
- Payroll preparation
- Administration of annual Cross-Connection program
- Maintain filing for utility department
- Coordinate and provide minutes for Utility Committee meetings
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear, courteous, and tactful manner
- Ability to gather information and prepare written reports
- Willingness to learn and apply knowledge of PSC rules and regulations
- Complete annual WisVote required training hours
- Other duties as assigned
Physical requirements include the ability to move around the facility, walk, sit, bend, climb, kneel, carry and stoop. Ability to use hand and finger motions with enough manual dexterity to use computers and handle print materials. Lift up to 25 pounds alone, and perform other efforts as identified with normal office work. Duties are performed in surroundings where undesirable physical conditions and hazards are minor and controllable.
Applications are available by contacting the Village Clerk-Treasurer at 920-984-3295 or [email protected], or on the Village website at www.villageofblackcreek.com under the Community tab, in Current Job Openings.
Submit application and resume to Village of Black Creek, Attn: Clerk-Treasurer, 301 N Maple St, Black Creek, WI 54106 or by email to [email protected] Applications will be accepted thru 4 pm Thursday, May 5, 2022.
The Village of Black Creek is an equal opportunity employer.